top of page

Why I did it

They say that nescessity is the mother of invention. I guess that is how the prongs came into being. We Australians are an inventive lot and we like to make life easy wherever we can. Have a read about what brought this rush of blood on.

I have always been a gardener of sorts. I like being outside and no matter where I have lived I have always found a great deal of peace and contentment in doing some work around the garden, until I tried to dig out rocks or left over bricks buried by the builders so long ago. The money I have spent on replacing forks that have bent or had handles break (same with shovels) I could be living on the Riviera by now! I am sure I am not alone.


I reckoned there had to be a better way and having mates is the key to anything Australian. Noel Gessner is a great mate and took pity on me and decided to use his considerable engineering skills to turn my ideas into a reality. After much testing (you should see the holes in my backyard) and loaning the prototypes to friends both male and female the question was always, “How can we buy one?”


So here it is folks, something that is new, something that will last, something that will make the removal of buried debris easier or just simply a device to break up hard soils.

Happy gardening. Peter

2013 Finalist Backyard Innovation Award

Our Purpose
Massive leverage can be applied so easily.

Lever out logs, rocks, bricks, roots, and other rubble


The picture to your left shows the Long Prong leveraging out a big log on my property in Queensland. The extra length of the Long Prong makes it an ideal tool for some trades people and landscape gardeners. Prongs are made tough to last.  

Thin out clumpling plants easily - limit damage to roots.

Not sure if you have the same problem as I do when trying to thin out plants. The Prongs allow for easy penetration into clumping plants and allows you to thin them out and keep what you have left over for easy re-planting. I have dug out bamboo (now that is one hell of a tough plant!). But, I was able to get at it and over the course of a few minutes I was able to get a good clump out for another site with almost no damage to the existing plant and it's root systems.

bottom of page